Monday, May 5, 2008

“I Saw God Today”

There are a lot of reasons why I love living in the Avenues but the number one reason is that I am within walking distance of several parks. And I love taking walks, especially during the spring and summer months, through the Avenues. Last night my good friend Trish and I walked from my house on 4th Avenue down to Memory Grove. We hit the Freedom Trail at the end of the park and as I walked I could not help but notice the peace I felt (even with the number of people and dogs on the trail). It was certainly a beautiful Sabbath day and I relished the opportunity to absorb the beauty around me. The trees are still in the flowering stage and the grass on the hill and in the park is lush and green. Nature certainly is beautiful. This brings me to the subject of my post. “I Saw God Today” by George Strait is one of my favorite songs on Country radio right now. The song is about noticing the hand of the Lord in the things around us. I usually try and notice but ever since this song was released my awareness seems to be heightened. We sure are blessed with abundant beauty.

Have you seen God today? Take a walk and enjoy the splendor!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the splendors of nature also, Seesa! God must love us a lot with all the variety he's blessed this earth with. And I love you, cutie! See you Sunday.

Muti

Anonymous said...

I used to love going for walks up the canyon Lots of good memories in the old 7th ward.

AO said...

This is how I feel every day when I walk out into our yard :)