Monday, July 14, 2008

4 x 10’s

Yep, I have jumped on the “4 x 10 work week” bandwagon that has been in the news quite a lot lately. I was offered the 4 x 10 shift almost a year and a half ago but I really had no desire to change my beloved schedule. I mean, in order to be to work by 7 I need to be up and going by 4:45 and that is only if I have packed my lunch the night before. Who in their right mind would want to get up that early? Plus, it also means that I need to be in bed no later than 9 so it kind of hinders my social life during the week. But, with the continual rise of gas prices combined with my desire for some down time in the middle of the week I took the leap (last week was my first 4 x 10 week). I now work 7-5:30 with Wednesdays off so I never work more than two days in a row. And to be honest, I have not really noticed much of a difference which makes me wonder why I didn’t jump on this ages ago when it was first offered? Oh I know, it was my need for sleep.

So far so good but I’ll keep you posted!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I AM SO JEALOUS. I want to pitch the 4 X 10 idea to MY boss, hehe.

Ginamarie said...

good luck with the new schedule. I think that it will be really nice to have Wednesdays off. It's great that you don't have to work more than two days in a row.

Tarina said...

I was blog hopping today and noticed you made a comment on Mollie's blog so I jumped on to yours. It's been so long. I have a blog too but mine is password protected. I would love to invite you but need an email address. HMMM How to get it to me is another question though. I noticed Marianne has a baby recently too. It's fun to read up on everybody. Hope life is treating you well.

Mollie said...

Sounds fun! But make sure your social life doesn't suffer because of it:o)