Christmas 2008 was Addie's first Christmas, and while she was too little to know what was going on, she was still so much fun. My roommate Trish also joined my family for Christmas. She was going to spend Christmas in Idaho with her bother and sister-in-law but the weather made travel dangerous so we had the pleasure of having her with us.

And then came January. This year Trish and I decided to hold an After Party, Party on New Years Eve. The intent of the party was to be able to get together as friends after everyone else had gone to their respective parties. We started at 1 am or so and the last of the partiers left at 5 am or so. Trish and I were not sure what to expect and were pleaseantly suprised by the number of people who came over. We had a blast!
Up next was my birthday (January 31) and as happens every year with my birthday, we had a huge party. I am always in awe of the wonderful friends I have; the evening was a blast!
The rest of the winter and early spring months consisted of meeting new people, playing with my friends, St. George with my siblings, parties, boy trauma, plumbing issues in the house I was living in, finding mold on a couple of my bedroom walls which totally freaked me out, a couple of health scares, lay offs at work, and finding out that I would need to move at the beginning of the summer. With the exception of some weird breathing pattern that I have developed (my mom and I have decided that it's stress induced), I'm fine. And I still have a job, thankfully.
Trish and I undertook the unpleasant task of finding a new place to live in April and I must say we were glad when we found a place to live. We wanted to stay in our ward boundaries, which narrowed our options significantly. After many weeks of looking and frustration we found a decent place that we could afford. We moved the first week in June, and thanks to the many wonderful friends in my ward, the move went quickly and smoothly. And while I miss the kitchen, garage and basic living space I had in the 4th Avenue house, I don't miss mowing the grass, dealing with a plumber, and I won't miss a freezing cold bedroom, a ridiculously high gas bill and removing snow from the driveway.
The summer has been spent playing with family and friends and I am so sad that it's over. Winters are long and hard for me but I know that at the end of the cold is springtime and warmer weather.
I just have to say how thankful I am for my wonderful family and friends. Looking back on the last half of year, I have had some wonderful experiences and a couple that totally broke my heart. I am grateful to my parents and the wonderful support they were during those crazy months when, at times, I seriously thought that I was going to die. I would not have been able to handle all that alone. I am thankful for Trish and the wonderful roommate she is. She is always looking out for me and is almost always there when I am struggling. She's helped me get through some hard stuff. As for my closest friends, (you know who you are) you are my angels. I don't know what I would do with out you.
So, there you go, the last half of year in a nutshell. I am sure I left some stuff out, and if you know of things, feel free to remind me. In any case, I am going to work hard not to let so much time pass in between posts; I have some fun things coming up and a new camera on the way to help me document those fun things.
Thanks for reading. Peace out.
2 comments:
Yea! I'm so glad you're posting again! I missed it, but I've been trying to stay updated on Facebook. I'm excited that you're getting a new camera! It's a much deserved reward, in my opinion, anyway!
I am so glad to see that you are doing well...and that you are posting again. Now I just need to get my bum in gear and update my blog! Hope that everything continues to go well for you and that you find all of the happiness that you deserve!
Post a Comment