I’ve slacked off again but in my defense, December has been as busy as it usually is for me. Between work, parties, and different social activities, I have not had much time to spend on my computer at home. I do; however, want to share something that is very special to me. Some know that this time of year is generally hard for me. Growing up I couldn’t wait for Christmas; the lights, the music, and the family fun and traditions. But as I have gotten older, I have developed feelings that Christmas is primarily for kids and as I have not been blessed with children of my own, each year gets harder. The beginning of this holiday season was particularly hard for me and as I knelt in prayer on a night when many tears had been shed, I fervently asked for strength and peace I knew I would need to make it through the coming weeks. As I prayed I was gently reminded of the reason we celebrate Christmas and that that should be my focus this season. I am so thankful for the lesson taught and for the ways that my testimony of the Savior has been strengthened. I am so deeply grateful for our Savior, Jesus Christ and for the ultimate gift that He gave to each of us; his life. Words cannot express the depth of my love and gratitude for Him. I have been truly blessed in my life with a wonderful family and amazing friends to help me traverse this life. I am thankful to know that I am loved (even if I don’t allow myself to feel it sometimes) and that “men are, that they might have joy”. I am thankful to my Heavenly Father for the countless tender mercies and for the gift of the gospel in my life.
Merry Christmas!
4 comments:
I love you, Melis! He is the reason for the season. We all need to remember that! But, it can be a difficult time of year when you feel as though something is missing. And, it's okay to feel that way. :-)
Melissa.
You are so awesome. I miss our daily talks. Thank you for the reminder of the real meaning of the holidays. I wish you the best in 2010.
Great message. What a beautiful and profound answer. Thanks for sharing.
James
I just saw this. Let me guarantee that i know without a doubt that christmas is not just for kids. I am an authority on the subject. It is the one time of the year when the entire world takes time out of their schedule to remember our savior. No matter what happens in your life, Christmas is the one time of the year that you get to take a break from life, and imagine how good life can and will be again someday. 3 months late for last year, but never too early to start planning for this year. Allow me to be the first to wish you a very Merry Christmas 2010!!
Post a Comment