Thursday, April 17, 2008

Rock Band vs. Guitar Hero

After months of hearing about these two games, I actually had the opportunity to play (not just sing or observe others playing) them last night. Every now and then I get the opportunity to hang out with my good friend Nate and last night was one of those opportunities. We work together but we spend very little time together socially so I always enjoy the times when we hang out. So, the plan last night was to essentially do dinner and a movie at his place. So, I grabbed CafĂ© Rio on my way over and we watched The Italian Job (since I had never seen it before). I loved the movie but it was nothing compared to the fun that happened after the movie…Guitar Hero.

We actually started with Rock Band but I was really having a hard time so Nate switch over to Guitar Hero. I had never played this game before so needless to say I was intrigued and a little nervous to play since I know that Nate has been playing/practicing for months. But even though I totally stink, I still had fun. I guess it’s good that I can laugh at myself because if I don’t think I would have had near as much fun. And Nate was a total blast to play with. He even did poorly on purpose so that I could have at least one good round (my personal best was 75%) and not feel so discouraged. Thanks buddy! I guess I learned a couple of things, the first being that I really can laugh at myself and the second is that I really need to work on my hand-eye coordination. Man! I guess it’s a good thing that I can be my goofy self with my friends and feel completely comfortable. I am a lucky girl!

So, which do you like the best, Rock Band or Guitar Hero? I think I could become addicted to Guitar Hero if I got the chance.

No comments: