Thursday, August 14, 2008

Shopping 101

So, my friends and I were invited to a garden party last Saturday and as noted on the invitation, the dress was cocktail attire. I thought to myself, “what the heck is cocktail attire?” So, being the best friend that she is, Trish took me shopping. I had been shopping with Trish before but I have never been the one doing the shopping so I not prepared for the results. Needless to say Trish is my lucky charm! We went to Brickyard Plaza to start and ended up doing everything right there. We went in to a dress store that I would never had gone in to on my own “just to look” but since Trish suggested it I was game. She hit the discount racks and started looking for items in my size. She pull almost anything off and handing it to me to try on. She pulled two dresses off the rack that I was going to try on just to humor her but they ended up being the dresses that I bought. I left the store with two amazingly flattering dresses, one for the party and one for church.

As a side note, the dresses are not what I would have bought for myself or even looked at but thanks to Trish I had to come out of my clothing comfort zone. Then I found the perfect shoes at TJ Max. We then went in to Mervyn's where I found the perfect pair of red shoes ( I have been looking for them forever!). We left Brickyard having fulfilled our shopping agenda and in half the time.

Now, the party dress is super cute but the church dress is the one that seems to have the magic. I often get compliments on my appearance at church but Sunday I got a lot of compliments on my dress. Sorry, not pictures were taken on Sunday but the next time I wear the magical dress I’ll be sure to post them.

Yep, it’s time to change my image a little. Thanks for boosting my self-esteem Trish!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great day that was. You look beautiful in both the dresses!

Ginamarie said...

I cannot wait to see the photos! I'll check your blog for any updates on what amazing things happen to you while you are wearing your magical dress. It can be like the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants!

AO said...

You need to come and see me and Collin in your new MAGIC clothes! Stop by sometime. We miss you!

Em and Jorg said...

Dang, girl! I gotta see that dress!!

Mollie said...

Do you think Trish will take me shopping? I'm in desperate need of a little clothing fix!

And, I can't wait to see pictures of this magical dress:o)