Unsinkable ships sink, unbreakable walls break. Sometimes the things you think would never happen happens just like that. Unbendable steel bends if the fury of the wind is unstoppable. I've learned to never underestimate the impossible. -Joe Nichols
Monday, October 27, 2008
The Halloween fun continues at This Is The Place Heritage Park's 'Haunted Village'
The observation was made Saturday night that we do more activities related to Halloween then we do Christmas. I wonder why that is? Who knows? I do know that a bunch of the Sloanies went to This Is The Place Heritage Park's 'Haunted Village' on Saturday night. It was not at all what we were expecting but it turned out to be fun all the same. We even saw the Headless Horseman riding through the park!
Now, I hate being scared so I generally avoid all things scary at Halloween and scary movies the rest of the year. So, when we got to the park and I realized that the Haunted Village was a haunted house of sorts I wanted to turn around and go home. I stuck it out though and it turned out to be kind of fun. My brothers were full of shenanigans and encouraged the actors throughout the park to scare their sisters. Steven got me good a couple of times and I screamed quite a bit more than I had intended (I was going to be oh so tough). At the end though, I think we decided that it was not as bad as we thought that it would be and that we might like to do it again next year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
fun times!!
Darling, darling blog, Meliss! I love it! Looks like you guys have had a ton of fun this Halloween. I'm proud of you for being brave in the Haunted House. I would have turned around and gone home, or just waited outside. Miss ya!
Post a Comment