Monday, April 21, 2008

Arches 2008

Last weekend the crazies (the Sloan siblings) went down to Arches for some camping fun. My roommate Becky and Mike’s best friend Jeff (or Jeffe) also came along for the fun. The campsite was awesome and we managed to have fun even with the rip roaring wind that hindered some of the things that everyone wanted to do. The epic light saber battle that Dan had been referring to all week commenced almost immediately after the boys rolled in to camp. Man, that was funny to watch. We also spent a little time at The Windows which proved to be manageable in the wind. And thanks to Jesse for bringing the awesome tent; it was a cool place to hang out.

When we got home yesterday we were wind blown/sand blasted, filthy, and sunburned. Some of us are burned worse than others (especially on the knees). I have an awesome outline of the band-aid I had on all weekend (I fell and skinned my knee Friday night). Yeah, I’m cool! Enjoy the pictures.


Steven, Kate and I are chillin' in the tent eating Shawn's gummy worms.
Shot from The Windows
Another shot from Windows
Kate is chiilin' while the other crazies get their act together.

Yeah, Dan is cool!

Jesse getting wind blown
Mel catching some rays

One of the views from camp
Dan the light saber king!
This is me at The Windows!

7 comments:

Mikie said...

Awesome pics-- I think they sum the trip up pretty well. :) Dan's light sabers almost look real in that one pic...

Anonymous said...

Love the pics, they're awesome! Great post! :) MAN, I gotta get me a new camera...

Anonymous said...

That really is a cool tent. And I'm trying to blame my oh-so-lovely swollen feet on the sunburn on my toes. I'd be so lucky if that's all it is. :)

Nicole Christoffersen said...

Meliss - Your family vacations/outings look like so much fun! I want to come on the next one!

Em and Jorg said...

Looks like a jolly ol' time. YOu look so sexy on the rocks, I mUST say!! What a hottie

Rosemary said...

Looks like lots of fun, you groovy people! Love you!

AO said...

Way cute pic of you at the Windows. And the light sabre battle.... too good for words.