I often go to movies alone. I work down the street from the Megaplex 20 at the District so it is convenient for me to catch a movie right after work. I saw Penelope last Friday and really liked it. It’s a little girly but the moral of the story was one that I needed; you need to love yourself just the way you are.
Anyway, I was contemplating going to see Leatherheads after work today and I remembered the first time I went to a movie all by myself. All of my friends were going to see War of the Worlds, which I had no interest in seeing, so I went to see the new Batman movie. I was a little nervous at first, especially since the movie was packed but once I sat down (in between two groups of people) I realized that no one noticed or cared that I was there alone. I can’t tell you how liberating that moment was for me. Now I go to movies by myself all the time. Don’t get me wrong, I do enjoy going to movies with other people but sometimes it’s just easier.
So, to those of you who think I’m nuts or think to yourself “How can you do that?” I challenge you to try it, just once. You might surprise yourself. :)
I think I’m going to see Leatherheads….
3 comments:
Go Masoo! You're just RAD :)
When I was preggers with Kekoa and Matt was working at Dillards, he wouldn't get off of work until 9:30 so I would go to the movies to wait for him. I loved my 'me' time. I wish I could have more of that lately. You are awesome Seesa!
The first movie I went to see alone was I.Q. It was first day of summer after graduating from high school and it was great. On the way home I stopped at the used CD store and bought Sheryl Crow's first CD (so I could have fun until the sun came up over Santa Monica Blvd). It was just nice to be free of all the requirements and people and do exactly as I d*** well pleased for an afternoon, before adulthood and tiny apartments full of random strange roommates started creeping into my world...
However, it does bother me to go to the movies (either with people or alone) and have the theater be almost empty. I like lots of other people to be there, even if they're strangers.
Post a Comment